USS Cecily: A Paper Ship

This blog navigates my reading- from projects like reading through the "horrid novels" mentioned in "Northanger Abbey" to random books that have wandered through the bookstore I work at to my latest dive into the wonderful world of Young Adult novels and beyond!

Sundays at Tiffany's

Sundays at Tiffany's - James Patterson I read this book in less than 24 hours. I was putting out the bargin bin at the bookstore where I work when suddenly a terrible title caught my eye. "How many pages 'til they reference Audrey Hepburn or Truman Capote?" I wondered, taking it behind the counter with me.

Never is the answer, by the way, unless I very much missed something.

The entire time I was reading this book I felt that I should not be. It was a guilty pleasure with more guilt than pleasure. A cutesy-but-creepy story about a girl, her imaginary friend and her drama-queen (literally) mother. And I LIKED it. How did this happen? Am I really so Cinderella-vs-Evil Stepmother BASIC? Maybe.

I cannot really recommend this book. It "happened" to me, it "followed me home" and, heck, I enjoyed it- but I would not dream of forcing that much literary sugar-coating down anyone else's throat.

Literary junk-foodie? Be my guest.

Valiant
Holly Black
The Iron Knight
Julie Kagawa
The Ionian Mission (Aubrey/Maturin Book 8)
Patrick O'Brian
Reading Sex in the Eighteenth Century: Bodies and Gender in English Erotic Culture
Karen Harvey